Tasmanian Weeds Action Fund - Large Grants Round
The Tasmanian Weeds Action Fund is a $5 million state government initiative that supports farmers and other community organisations tackle weeds impacting valuable agricultural and environmental assets across the state. Statewide grant applications are now being accepted.
- Closing date and time is 5 pm, Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Grant amounts may be up to $50,000 per year and up to three years.
The objective is to:
- Provide a more strategic and targeted approach to tackling high priority weeds impacting valuable agricultural and environmental assets.
- Improve the productive value of agricultural land and protect Tasmania’s natural values by removing the harmful effects of serious weed threats.
- Support and co-invest with landowners, local government and the broader community to make sustainable, long-term and effective actions to address high priority weeds with eradication as a key objective.
- Encourage the concept of “shared responsibility” for weed management and biosecurity in general.