Recovery and Restoration Support for Fingal Valley Communities
Three Recovery and Restoration Grants are available to help meet the longer term needs of people in the Break O’Day local government area who, as a direct result of the bushfires:
- are unable to reside in their principal place of residence; and/or
- have incurred substantial property damage; and/or
- have incurred substantial loss of essential household items.
Renters and homeowners in impacted areas may be eligible for one or both of the following:
- Temporary Living Expenses Grant: Financial assistance for temporary accommodation if a principal residence is unfit to live in or inaccessible.
- Replacement of Household Items: Financial assistance for replacement of essential household items damaged or destroyed.
Homeowners may also be eligible for:
Applications for grant assistance can be lodged within three months after impact.
- Repair and Restoration Grant: Financial assistance for essential repairs to make a principal residence liveable.
Recovery and Restoration grants are provided through the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
To apply for the grants, call Communities Tasmania on 1300 665 663.