Expressions of Interest - Sheep and Beef Cattle Producers
The Southern Australia Livestock Research Council (SALRC) is an independent, incorporated association which provides recommendations on Research Development and Adoption (RD&A) priorities and planning for grass-fed beef and sheep meat producers in southern Australia.
SALRC is inviting expressions of interest from livestock producers that wish to assist in directing the RD&A agenda, as Producer Members of the SALRC Regional Committee for South-east Victoria and Tasmania.
Working closely with their respective Regional Committee Chair, SALRC’s Regional Committee Members provide the critical interface between RD&A providers and the needs of red meat and livestock producers.
Two Producer Member positions are available on the SALRC Regional Committee for South-east Victoria and Tasmania.
The successful candidates will have:
- Established commercial beef and/or sheep meat production experience;
- A strong interest in RD&A within the context of red meat and livestock production;
- A detailed knowledge of red meat and livestock production in their region;
- A willingness and capability to take a leadership role to collate RD&A priorities on behalf of their region;
- A preparedness to act as industry and community advocates on livestock RD&A issues.
Expressions of interest addressing selection criteria and their desired region should be emailed to email@example.com by 24 July 2020.
For more information, including selection criteria and roles and responsibilities, please visit www.salrc.com.au
or contact SALRC Executive Officer Mike Stephens on
(03) 5341 6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org