The hands-on work of Tasmanian landcarers is integral to the sustainable management and health of the State's natural resources.
These awards recognise individuals and groups who have made significant contributions to helping and protecting the environment for future generations.
- Partnerships for Landcare Award – Kingborough Council
- Junior Landcare Team Award – Youngtown Primary School
- Excellence in Sustainable Farm Practices – Dairy Tasmania’s Clean Rivers and FertSmart projects
- Individual Landcarer Award – Helen Eastburn, from the West Tamar Landcare Group
- Young Landcare Leader Award – Adam Holmstrom, from Glebe Hill Bushland Reserve Landcare Group
- Indigenous Land Management Award – Glenorchy Reconciliation Group
- Coastcare Award – Turners Beach Coastcare
- Landcare Community Group Award – Tamar Island Wetland Cares Volunteer Group
These award winners will go on to represent Tasmania at the National Landcare Awards in 2018.
(From Tasmanian Government media release - 2 December 2017)