A Federal Government-initiated independent review of Australian Wool Innovation (AWI) has made 82 recommendations for the modernisation of the industry research and development body.
The review which was conducted by the advisory firm EY is more than 500 pages long, and recommends a skills-based board, and greater assurances that directors retain their independence while on the board.
Key recommendations include:
- Improvement in strategic planning, communication with stakeholders and stakeholder engagement
- Moving to a skills-based board
- A maximum of 10 years on the board for board members
- Transparency around use of proxy votes during board elections
- Breaches of the code of conduct by board members to be investigated independently, not by AWI.
For more information please see links below.
Independent reviewcalls for an overhaul of the embattled wool body AWI – ABC News – 09/07/18
Release of independent review into AustralianWool Innovation – Media release Hon. David Littleproud MP - 09/07/18