Dairy Workforce Discussion Groups
Managing staff and ensuring compliance with workplace laws. Topics
to be covered at the group meetings:
• Why do people stay and why do people leave?
• Changes individual dairy farmers have made to improve retention rates on
• Pastoral Award including:
o Calculation of Individual Flexibility Agreements (IFA’s) salary,
o Pay rates and their calculation.
o Changes to the banked hours arrangement.
o Farmer’s individual questions.
• Trainees and Apprentices – with Brendan Ivory from Skills Tasmania.
• Dairy Australia’s new Drug and Alcohol Policies
More information: download the workshop flyer
Where and When:
Carpenter's farm at Cuprona on Monday 5 March 2018
Harris farm at Cressy on Tuesday 6 March
Gardiner's farm at Togari on Tuesday 27 March
Matthew's farm at Christmas Hills on Thursday 29 March
Time: 11am start, BYO lunch and a chair
Contact: DairyTas on 6432 2233